Translate

08 August 2022

Love Letter to Parvarti

 
Beloved Goddess,

You who are beloved of women, I need you! I need your wise counsel and gentle wisdom. I need your guidance. Please lead me into ritual that I may be cleansed of the past, that I may be purified to step into the new beginning I envision for myself.  I received the henna soap you sent and I have been washing my hands and feet before morning sadhana just as you instructed me to do. The lingering scent of cardamom and vetiver leave my skin with a light spicy fragrance that reminds me of you! And, makes me feel beautiful, and somehow closer to you. Thank you!  

After I post this letter, I'm going to draw a ritual bath and soak to cleanse away all the negativity and problems of the last two years!

I honor my femininity and fertility, but ask that you help me move my body - to experience what it is to be graceful and sensual again. Please teach me to dance, Parvarti- the way you do! With divine awareness and purposeful intent. I want to feel light and free, unencumbered by the worries of money and belonging. So, when I've finished my bath, I am going to wear something beautiful, something with flowers to bring your essence here, that I may embody you fully. Then, I'm going to turn on some Deva Premal music and dance as if I am dancing with you!

Please be with me, guide my motions.

Thank you.

-Yours devotedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Goddess Bless You Abundantly!