Translate

27 February 2022

Love Letter to Laka

Beloved Goddess,
You are so beautiful, generous and kind. What a unexpected delight it was the day you lovingly placed three leis over my head, draping them upon my shoulders- How pretty the flowers were! White, yellow and fuchsia... The fragrance of each lei was exquisite, but jasmine, plumeria and orchid together couldn't be described any other way, than heavenly! 

Watching you dance the hula and telling the story of your people was hypnotic and enchanting. Your grace and sensuality was both natural and intoxicating. Please teach me to dance as you do, to move my body with such seemingly, effortless ease - to love my body enough to be that comfortable and in harmony with its rhythmic sway. How I long to have known your sacred way of life since birth. The old ways are wise and mysterious. Such depth of love! I found my heart and home with you...
I remember what you said to me, so today, I will take up the sacred task of gathering the treasures of my personal legacy so that my grandchildren and those of the next seven generations will know who we are and what we stand for. So that they will remember from whence they come and where they are going - all the while remaining here - at home - in the peaceful center of their own pure heart.
Thank you,
-Yours devotedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Goddess Bless You Abundantly!