Translate

07 February 2022

Love Letter to Hsi Ho











Beloved Goddess,

Mother of Spring, shine you light on me. Bathe me in your maternal love and wash me clean of all that inhibits my growth.

Along the waters edge I walked in the soft morning light, the sun warm upon my face, your bright eyes dancing like diamonds upon the cool blue surface of the clear lake.

Later, reposed beneath the grandmother tree, I wrote haiku, thought of flower blossoms and days to come, then, lay upon the earth and took a nap as the gentle breeze caressed my skin and played with the ends of my hair.

When I awoke, I unpacked and lovingly blessed each of the items brought to build an altar in your honor. There on the dense green moss, cool to the touch - I placed a white silk cloth.  Upon its purity, I placed a small golden candle, lit and burning bright - a spicy scented yellow carnation - a treasured piece of smooth polished citrine: the crystal gemstone of abundance - a ripe, juicy peach, with a single hearty slice cut (thank you for the sweet nourishment) - a tiny white box in the shape of a bear - and a secret prayer written on rice paper, rolled into a scroll, then tied with a thin, satin yellow ribbon.


I sat there in silence as the candle burned away and flickered out... 

I sat there and shyly sang your praises in the stillness of the forest...
I sat there until the sun kissed the edge of the horizon - before walking away...

Leaving the altar as a gift, I smiled feeling your presence with me as I walked home.

Thank you.

-Yours devotedly 


haiku 


bright is the sunlight / blinding to my pale blue eyes / closed, I dream of you
-

upon rice paper / a prayer to the sun goddess / holds my soul whisper

-
naked feet stand firm / damp upon the soft, green moss / as sunlight dances

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Goddess Bless You Abundantly!