Translate

03 June 2022

Love Letter to Charila

 
Beloved Goddess, 

I still weep over you. . . 

Though your needless, tragic death happened so very, very long ago- my heart still aches for you. And, I'm saddened even more that you are almost forgotten; lost with the unraveling of time.

I have no where to send this letter, yet it never stops me from writing to you every year. This one, like all the others, will be burned and left for the wind. . . 

Hopefully, they find you. 

Somehow, I wish I could.


Darling Charila, I know how humiliated and hurt you must have felt- I can imagine the desperation and utter despair, too. Only, how I wish you would not have made that senseless choice. 

I feel your tears stream down my cheeks as if they are my own. I ache with a deep longing, wishing I could help save all young girls, like you. 

Why must life be so harsh? 

Why must others be so heartless and cruel? 

I do not know... I may never know.


For all those who suffer famine, drought and abuse, I offer upon the altar, in your honor: onions, leeks, and sweet honey cakes. 

This small white candle is lit and will burn throughout the day and night. Do you ever see it? Do you know how dearly you are loved?

I pray that you do, and I ask that you, in the spirit form of pure love, watch over all who walk your path. Guide them to stop, to find another way. Lead them to mercy and help. Give them comfort and nourishment. Fill them with hope. Show them true nurturing. Offer real support that they may be inspired and strengthened- that they may be empowered and know these moments will pass and change will happen bringing your benevolent favor. Please.

Follow us wherever we roam

and let tenderness and luck fill our home.

Bless us with kindness and uplift our soul

and show us that we are ever loved and whole.

Thank you.

-Yours devotedly

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Goddess Bless You Abundantly!