Translate

14 March 2022

Love Letter to Ala

Beloved Goddess,

I write to you, though we have not been formally introduced. A friend of mine from Ghana spoke of you and told me of your goodness. 

I honor you, as earth mother, as She Who dances the seasons into being and lays them to rest, along with the children of the earth. Veda said she would ask you to bless me and grant me good luck. I wish to thank you for your kindness. I have performed the native cleansing ritual that I may have joy and an abundant harvest in all that I do. 

In your honor I have rooted a yam. The vine is healthy and growing very fast. Its leaves are shades of green and purple and I am most delighted to see it grow so quickly. Is this a good omen and a sign of your blessing? 

Once it is of goodly size I will plant it in a hanging basket and enjoy tending to it on the back patio, along with blooming geraniums, daisies and multi-hued impatience, late spring and through the summer. 


If ever I go to Africa I will bring a clipping and plant it there as a token of my deep appreciation of your generosity and loving energy. How deep and dark, like the fertile womb is your essence. Each cycle of the crescent moon I will think of you and light a votive candle for luck. Please bless the family of Veda, daughter of Ghana. She has been kind to me.

Thank you.

-Yours devotedly


No comments:

Post a Comment

May the Goddess Bless You Abundantly!